SOLD advisory panel
Why is community involvement important?
Sometimes in life we all need help and it’s good to know that help is available so that you can get through it. I am involved with domestic violence fundraising in the community and it’s my chance to give back.
Why do you think it is important across all industries to provide more opportunities for women?
Gender should not be a consideration; you should always choose the right person for the job.
What do you consider a healthy lifestyle?
Good work, life balance, which is challenging for me as a Director of a company. I schedule in weekly exercise and try to spend as much time as I can with our daughters, family and friends.
Tracy began her career in the finance industry in 1998 when, as a single mother, she was seeking a paid job to support her family. She started out in an administration role at an Aussie Home Loans franchise in Brisbane. Recognising that she had the skills to develop into a mortgage broker, Tracy took on the task of educating herself to take on her own set of clients, gaining a Cert IV in Financial Services and a Diploma of Financial Services.
“Back then it all looked daunting and too hard as a single mum, but this is the kind of industry that has opportunity for anyone with drive, regardless of your circumstances,” she says.
Tracy then joined the Home Loan Connexion business as a broker where, over a period of 15 years, she developed her book to become the number one broker in the business and was appointed as a Director/Full Partner in 2013. Under her guidance, the business has shown continued growth in broker numbers to 30 with plans for new team members’ interstate in key markets.
Tracy’s success as a leader in the business can be measured by the ongoing industry acknowledgements Home Loan Connexion has received – including the number one position in QLD with AFG, numerous AFG Chairman’s Club acknowledgements, and recognition as a 2015 Finalist in the Australian Broking Awards – Major Brokerage of the Year Non-Franchise.
She is also now a regular speaker at various industry events, including those hosted by the Property Women network, and a proud supporter of local charities including Misson Beautiful Australia. Tracy was invited and accepted to join the MFAA’s WIMBN (Women in Mortgage Business Network) Advisory Forum to help guide initiatives for the industry.
“I wanted to give something back to an industry that has given me so much as business person and a woman. It is my chance to help guide and support the industry with opportunities for female brokers, different cultures and new entrants. I’m positive about the new directions of the profession,” she says.
Outside of her busy life, Tracy is a devoted mother of two, and an avid lover of AFL (supporting the Brisbane Lions), travel and social events such as horse racing carnivals. She relaxes by reading and indulging in retail therapy – a reward for her hard work and success!
- Started in the industry in 1998 with Aussie Home Loans (2 years)
- Cert IV in Financial Services – Mortgage Broking
- Diploma of Financial Services – Mortgage Broking
- MFAA Full Member
- Last 15 years as a mortgage broker with Home Loan Connexion – holds #1 position within the group
- Director/Partner of Home Loan Connexion since November 2013
- Returned Home Loan Connexion to #1 in Queensland with AFG (HLC was sitting at #3 or #4 before partnering into the business)
- Increased the group to 30 Brokers from 22 pre-takeover of the group
- Finalist at the 2015 Australian Broking Awards for Major Brokerage of the Year – Non-Franchise
- Regularly qualifies for industry events including AFG Chairman’s, MFAA and Lender Information Evenings
- Regularly organises industry lunches with business partners, lenders and outside brokers (i.e. networking events)
- Regular guest speaker for Property Women
- Devoted mother of two beautiful daughters
- Enjoys spending time with family and friends
- A fan of sport and sporting events, including football (Brisbane Lions) and horse racing
- Reading and retail therapy